zaterdag 6 april 2013

Indian red lentil fritters

I love red lentils. They are so versatile, so easy. You just throw 'em in a pot with some onions, broth and ras el hanout spice and you have a delicious Arabic soup. Serve with some lemon wedges, they really bring out the flavour.

Camera phone picture, sorry!


Or, you can make this recipe, by Cooks Joy, for healthy Masala Vadai, lentil fritters. I saw her recipe and had all the ingredients on hand, so I decided to try it. Instead of deep frying them, I just fried them in a normal frying pan, worked great too. And instead of fennel seeds, which I didn't have, I used some cumin to flavor it. I love cumin, and it tasted great. Next time I'll pair it with some raita or another dip, which should be extra delicious!

1 opmerking:

  1. Thanks for trying the recipe and glad you liked it. Lentils are my favorite too and we use it pretty much daily in one way or the other.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen